Accuritas Global Solutions Company History
Business Intelligence and Analytics for Transportation
Accuritas is proud of its 47 year heritage (1969 to 2016). Below is a timeline of key milestones and significant dates in Accuritas’ history.
- September 26, 2016 – Accuritas Global Solutions Selected as a Finalist for the 2016 Lloyd’s List Global Big Data Award – read more
- May 4, 2016 – Accuritas Global Solutions Selected as a Finalist for the 2016 Lloyd’s List Intelligence Big Data Award – read more
- March 15, 2016 – Accuritas Global Solutions is officially and publicly launched (FleetWeather announces new name) – read more
- October 7, 2015 – Accuritas (FleetWeather) opens office in Athens, Greece – read more
- February 17, 2015 – Accuritas (FleetWeather) Selected as a Finalist for the Prestigious Lloyd’s List 2015 North American Maritime Awards in the Technical Innovation category – read more
- May 29, 2014 – Accuritas (FleetWeather) opens office in Connecticut
- January 23, 2014 – Accuritas (FleetWeather) Selected as a Finalist for the Prestigious Lloyd’s List 2014 North American Maritime Awards in the Technical Innovation category – read more
- November 20, 2013 – Accuritas (FleetWeather) Introduces Shipping’s First Business Intelligence Solution to the global commercial shipping industry – read more
- September 8, 2010 – Accruitas (FleetWeather) opens office in Singapore – read more
- March 18, 2008 – Accuritas (FleetWeather) introduces first performance monitoring service (Shadow Monitoring) specifically designed for ship owners to combat, reduce and eliminate claims from charterers.
- 1993 – Tore Jakobsen’s FleetWeather merges with Jeff Wimmer’s CompuWeather. CompuWeather is the leading provider of forensic weather analysis for the US domestic insurance and legal industries. Both companies operate out of the FleetWeather office building in Hopewell Junction, NY.
- 1990 – FleetWeather continues to grow its global ship routing business and introduces vessel performance monitoring and voyage reconstruction services
- 1984 – FleetWeather extends its marine port weather services to the global arena, offering weather forecasting and routing guidance to vessel owners and charterers, many of which were existing and highly satisfied port forecast customers.
- 1969 to 1984 – FleetWeather becomes a leading provider of port and nearby offshore weather consultation for the East and U.S. Gulf Coast , serving owners, charterers, terminal operators and towing firms.
- 1969 – FleetWeather is founded by Tore Jakobsen, a Norwegian immigrant and son of Capt. Leiv Jakobsen, who commanded victory ships for the allies during WWII.
CLICK HERE to Contact Accuritas for more information